2 sticks room temp salted butter
1 cup white sugar
1/2 brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine room temp butter and both sugars
- Once the butter and sugars are whipped together add the vanilla and eggs, mix again (careful not to over beat the eggs)
- Then add all the flour, baking soda and salt
- Mix together
- Add chocolate chips (the more the merrier)
- Use a spoon to shape each cookie onto a baking sheet.
- Bake between 9-13 minutes
Tip: the cookies keep baking once they are pulled from the oven, so less is more here. A soft, gooey cookies requires just enough time in the oven to become ever so slightly brown on top. Trust me. It takes much less time than you think!
Please remember: good hygiene is always important when preparing food, but it is especially essential during the coronavirus pandemic. Proper hand washing is critical before and during food preparation. Do not prepare food for others if you are feeling sick. Also, it is imperative you list ingredients on the exterior packaging in case one of the recipients has allergies.